Job Title: Development and Database Assistant
Classification: Full-time Exempt
Reports To: Development Director
Prepared Date: July 2021
Fulfill is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Fulfill’s team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient network of services to eliminate hunger. We are committed to embodying Fulfill’s values in all activities and relationships are based on collaboration and respect.
Fulfill’s Development team builds community awareness of Fulfill’s work related to food insecurity, and raises funds from a variety of sources for Fulfill programs to alleviate hunger and build food security. This position provides critical database support and helps the Team in all aspects of Development to maximize revenue generation from a variety of sources to support program efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives spreadsheet and copies of mail received at Fulfill from Finance. Enters donor data to Raiser’s Edge system reconciling total amount received against Finance batch spreadsheet.
- Assists Development & Database Specialist in maintaining accurate records in database, including adding new donors, revising addresses, phone numbers and emails for existing donors, reviewing returned mail and making adjustments, merging or making donors inactive as needed.
- Assists with reconciliation for major events such as Gala, Chop Hunger, Golf Event, Etc.
- Manages order tracking and fulfillment of Holiday Ornaments.
- Generates thank you letters through Raiser’s Edge on a timely basis and with accuracy.
- Supervises volunteer staff for stuffing thank you letters and special projects (e.g., saving 1K+ letters to donor records).
- Prepares annual tax letters for monthly donors and as requested.
- Completes matching gift forms from donors and confirms matching gifts in employer portals. Note matching gifts details in donor records.
- Connects with donors via phone and email to process donations and answer questions about gifts and/or Fulfill programs.
- Supports finance with searching records and documentation as needed
- Assists with Fulfill events in various capacities.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor in all interactions with corporate, government, agencies representatives, volunteers, Board members and community.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of Fulfill policies and Development programs in order to provide accurate and appropriate support.
- Answers phone inquiries, performs general clerical duties. Monitors letterhead and other supplies for mailings.
- Works with Fulfill staff members on projects and provides back up support to other departments as needed and assigned.
College Degree: BA/BS
Preferred three years’ experience with database management and use of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software system.
Good communication, organization, and telephone skills are required. Detail oriented, able to handle multiple priorities and work independently under general supervision. Proficiency in MS Word, MS Office, particularly Excel, data entry and use of computers. Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software experience a must. Demonstrates a commitment to Fulfill’s values, mission and professional integrity.
Work is value, goal and deadline driven; extensive computer and phone work, walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting and carrying items weighing in excess of 20 pounds; frequent contact with volunteers, committee and Board members, staff, donors, media/vendors and agencies; periodically works extended hours.