Yield: one standard loaf 8×4
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas with the melted butter, then add the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir well with a large wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and flour over the banana mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and walnuts if desired, and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.