Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
Yield: one standard loaf 8×4
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease loaf pan or spray with cooking spray
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla until thick.
- On lowest speed, stir in half the flour mixture, followed by the milk, and then the remaining flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts if using them. Do not over-mix.
- Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.